Setup email account with Windows Mail
Windows Mail uses a wizard to setup a new Email account. Please follow these steps:
- Click on Tools
- Click on Accounts
- Click on Add then Select ‘Email Account’ and click on Next
- Type in Your Name and click on Next
- Type in Your Email Address and click on Next
- Type mail.swd.ca for Incoming (POP) mail server
- Type mail.swd.ca Outgoing (SMTP) server
- Check Outgoing server requires authentication then click on Next
- Type in your User Name. This will be your email address.
- Type in your password and click on Next
- Click on Finish
Continued process for setup
- Click on Properties for your account.
- Select Advanced tab
- Check “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)” for both Outgoing and incoming.
- Ensure port 465 for Outgoing (SMTP)
- Ensure port 995 for incoming (POP)
- Click on OK the Close
Your email account is now setup and ready to use.